- 2 medium field cucumbers
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1.5-2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and adjust to taste. Feel free to add more sweetener if you prefer. Set aside.
- Peel cucumbers, slice off the ends, and slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a small spoon. If your cucumbers are really big you can slice the half-moons in half as well.
- Dice the red pepper and red onion and add into bowl. Roughly chop cilantro and add into bowl. Pour in all the dressing and toss to combine. Let this salad sit for about 30 minutes in the fridge, tossing every 10 minutes or so to help the dressing soak in.
- Season chickpeas
- Serve immediately.