Unfortunately, 112 Americans die by suicide every day. Suicide is the second leading cause of death of people between 15 to 25 years old. If those numbers aren’t astounding enough, 9.4 million Americans in the United States have had serious thoughts of suicide within the last year.
- Never take the threat of someone killing themselves lightly.
- Hopelessness, having no reason to live
- Unbearable pain
- Talk about feeling trapped
- Behaving recklessly, anxiously, or agitated / rage or wanting revenge
- Increased use of alcohol or drugs
- Not sleeping or sleeping too much
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated
- Extreme mood swings
If you or someone you know needs help, make sure you reach out to a professional.
National Suicide Prevention